Technology is ever changing and enhancing. Every day we see new discoveries being made which leave us in awe. When we talk about communication technology, base phones came first. Then came the Era of Wireless mobiles and Smartphones which raged through the 21st Century. Now the latest buzz in the market is wearable technology, one which leaves us amazed. Who would have thought that wearables would make our life comfortable and it is just the starting. So, let’s take a sneak peek into this emerging field.
What is Wearable Technology?
These are the gadgets which we can slip on our body or can be embedded into the material of our dress that we wear. Apple’s been a huge player in this industry with their watch. These are also known by many other names such as wearables, fashion gadgets, smart gadgets etc. Generally these are App and software based gadgets, which collect our data and transfer it to apps via Internet, where it could be used for further analysis.
These gadgets are becoming handy in both personal and business front. There are various fields where you can see wearables emerging. Some of them are:
- Fashion Accessory
- Gaming and Entertainment
Biggest rage came in this industry with introduction of Activity Tracker and Smart Watches which opened up a whole new world of Wi-Fi technology to the consumers.
Benefits of Wearable Technology
- Safety: Keeping in view the current state of safety in our country, these gadgets are like a ray of light to us. They provide latest GPS location, Navigation details and audio accumulated from our mobiles on the go to our contacts. Thus ensuring our safety and security.
- Fitness: Activity tracker has become a household device, from college going students to elders in the family are seen wearing them. It has greatly increased the awareness of healthy living. Fitness gadgets monitor heartbeat, metabolic activities and helps you by being aware of the same.
- Fashion Accessory: Generally these gadgets are trendy looking and fashionable which goes in line with today’s generation.
- Easy to Use: They are user-friendly, helps in multitasking, and can be operated on the go, which is a must for today’s generation, who are always on the run.
- Entertainment: Virtual reality has opened up a whole new horizon for us, experiencing different level of media through these gadgets. VR headsets and glasses are some which are being actively used in gaming and entertainment media.
- Connectivity: The Need of current time is to remain connected and such gadgets fulfil requirements like checking calls, messages and mails on the move without the hassle of handling the phone. They also help you remain connected to the appliances at your home like AC, lights.
Future of Wearables
This is just the beginning of a Revolution, just as smartphones hit us: a big wave of wearables are going to come. It is believed that by 2025 they would be like part and parcel of our life. They will make our life easier with time.